Reed Gillespie, Assistant Principal at Kettle Run High School in Nokesville, VA and a valuable member of my Twitter professional learning network gave me homework over Christmas break. He challenged me to share 11 random facts about myself and to answer 11 questions. Then I had to challenge 11 bloggers to do the same thing.
So here we go…
11 Random Facts About Me
- I am the youngest of 11 children. My dad and my uncle are identical twins, and my uncle also had 11 kids. And growing up our families lived next door to each other, so there were 22 kids running around the Clark compound.
- The greatest job I ever had was as a counselor, bus driver, and director of CYO Camp Christopher Day Camp. If I could have done that job and fed my family, I would still be working there today.
- I was a mobile disc jockey for 18 years, doing hundreds of wedding, parties and school dances. I have DJed parties for LeBron James, John Elway and Dan Marino.
- I was a creative writing minor in college. I almost sold a short story once to a small literary magazine, but the editor who offered to buy my story was hit and killed by a train. I often wonder what would have happened to my career if I sold that story.
- I can’t fix things or build things, but I love to cook.
- I love to tell stories.
- In sixth grade I was kicked off of the school safety patrol for telling second graders that I would report them for jaywalking if they did not bring me candy. I was only joking, and I deserved my punishment, but I think it is funny now.
- I am a huge Peanuts fan and have a huge collection of Peanuts stuff.
- I hate shows where people get pranked. It makes me uncomfortable seeing people being tricked.
- I used to do some community theatre, and people have actually bought tickets to hear me sing on stage (well, they bought tickets to a show in which I sung on stage).
- Even though I am comfortable speaking in front of large crowds, I am a pretty big introvert and am uncomfortable in large group settings where I have to mingle.
My Responses to Reed’s Questions
- If you could redo one thing in your life, what would it be? I would have pursued going away to college. I felt my only choice was Akron or Kent, and I regret not having a “college experience.”
- What magical/super power would you choose and why? I would love to be able to fly to get places fast and get a different perspective on the world.
- If your life was turned into a movie, who would play you? I would love to say George Clooney, but….
- If you could be anyone else in the world, who would it be and why? Any professional golfer. What a great gig…playing golf for money in the most beautiful places in the world.
- Which do you choose: milkshake, ice cream sundae, or ice cream cone. Ice cream sundae.
- What are you most proud of? My kids.
- Who most influenced you? My brother Chris.
- Your house is on fire and your family, including pets, has made it out. What is the one thing you save? “Stuff” doesn’t mean too much to me…maybe the last formal family picture in which all of my siblings and nieces and nephews were together.
- Would you rather go 50 years into the past or go 50 years into the future? I’d rather go 50 years in the past. I’ll see 50 years into the future when I get there.
- What was the best part about your senior year of high school? Hanging out with friends after games.
- Why did you start blogging? I was inspired by my Twitter PLN, I love to write, and I wanted to share some of my thoughts that were more than 140 characters long.
11 Bloggers I’m Challenging
- Amber Teaman
- Dave Burgess
- Tom Whitford
- Leah Whitford
- Jimmy Casas
- George Couros
- Tony Sinasis
- Gwen Pescatore
- Daisey Dyer Duerr
- Jeremy Brueck
- Ryan McLane
My 11 Questions for You
- What is your favorite Disney movie?
- You are trapped on a desert island with one person not related to you. It is…
- If you could go back in time to apologize to one person, who would it be?
- You have $8 and want lunch. Where are you going?
- What habit in others annoys you most?
- Would you rather be 50 pounds heavier or 12 inches shorter?
- What is your favorite vacation spot?
- What is one item on your bucket list?
- What is one song that most people like but you can’t stand?
- What would you tell your 10-year-old self?
- Why Twitter?